Korean Talks
Image default
Finanace

Iran military says US airman rescue operation ‘completely foiled’

TEHRAN — Iran’s military said on Sunday that the U.S. operation to rescue an airman from a downed American fighter jet had been “completely foiled,” without suggesting he had been captured. The statement came after U.S. President Donald Trump said on Sunday that the officer had been rescued in a search and rescue operation and was “SAFE and SOUND.” “The so-called U.S. military rescue operation, planned as a deception and escape mission at an abandoned airport in southern Isfahan under the pretext of recovering the pilot of a downed aircraft, was completely foiled,” said Ebrahim Zolfaghari, spokesman for the military’s central command, Khatam Al-Anbiya. In a video statement carried by state television, he said that “two C-130 military transport planes and two Black Hawk helicopters were destroyed” during the operation. He added that Trump went ahead with “empty rhetoric and diversion although the reality on the ground demonstrates the superior position of Iran’s powerful armed forces.” State media shared images of charred wreckage scattered across a desert area, with smoke still rising

Related posts

1st-term Cheongju council member under police probe over alleged sex crimes involving minor

Claire R. Peck

Earliest heat-related death on record reported amid scorching heat

Claire R. Peck

NIS issues joint AI supply chain guidance with global cybersecurity agencies

Claire R. Peck